Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Cold and rainy...Day 15 and 16...14 days to go.

I skipped blogging yesterday because it was rainy and nasty outside.  One of my largest problems was keeping everything dry, namely, myself.  Water is so pervasive. It gets everywhere and into everything and when things get wet in a moment, they get cold and they stay wet for a long time.  The shivering stays...the cold invades.
I think the thing that frustrates me most is that we let people do this.  We let people huddle in corners, trying to stay dry and warm.  I saw so many people running through the night with all their posessions in a trash bag.  I sat there, waiting for the sun to rise.  I had about an hour of sleep.  We are waiting for the sun to come out, in more ways than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment